3.2.11

pesto greens

Ever since I spotted a delicious pesto dish on the menu at Naked Cafe at lunch today, I have been craving the sweet basil and pine nut mixture.  With little time tonight after yoga to devote to making an elaborate dinner, I decided to wing a creation from the hip, and surprisingly it came out great.  This dish was filled with bright green vegetables, sugar snap peas and arugula, tossed against the neutral palette of brown rice and cannellini beans.  I used a dry sweet basil mix (on most other days I would have made my own pesto since its relatively simple), and added some sauteed garlic and shallots.  The end product hit the exact spot!
*images Megan.Christine

2 comments:

Meka said...

I have made a lot of your salads that you posted here on your blog. This one also looks like a winner! Yum, looove pine nuts on my salads..

Megan*Christine said...

Thank you Meka. I'm glad you've enjoyed the salads I've posted. Feel free to share any good recipes you have too! I'm always open to trying new things. ~Meg