13.4.10

illy, my morning savior



After a fun-filled fantastic weekend in Vegas celebrating my girlfriend's bachelorette party, Sunday morning began with a trip to Illy in the Palazzo. Having been a fan of their espresso already, I knew that I was in need of a shot of java to get my day started. The Illy cafe consisted of glass walls and a sleek metal interior of high top bars and bistro tables. But what draws the eye inside is the rainbow of delicious gelato that lines the counter interiors. It is irresistible not to crave it! Once inside, the color continues up the wall with bright abstract images. In addition, espresso makers were strategically placed in recessed walls and artist espresso cups lined pillars, serving as cheery decor. I particularly liked the cups, they were so adorable! Illy left me with a smile on my face, and successfully lured me into the grocer today to purchase my own for home!

*storefront from Google Images, Cups from Megan*Christine

1 comment:

Maggie said...

We stayed at the Palazzo, and went to that Illy--oh, maybe three times!!
once for coffee & breakfast, once for panini and gelato lunch and once for just gelato of course!