13.4.10

Outstanding in the Field: Catalina Island



I have this girlfriend who happens to go on the most amazing weekend staycations with her long distance beau. With the attitude of exploring new places, staying at the best hotels and partaking in creative dates, she was the one who introduced me to Outstanding in the Field. As soon as I heard about the events, I not only wanted her to secure a reservation, but I wanted one myself!

Outstanding in the Field began in 1999, and calls themselves a "roving culinary adventure." Moving to different locations nationwide, it aims to re-connect food with its location of origin. Using local ingredients from area farmers, culinary chefs prepare meals in outdoor settings. The spread can be found in fields, gardens, beaches and is an event not to be missed!

In June there is an event on Catalina Island, CA. It begins with a boat ride from Avalon harbor, along the shores of Catalina, to a beautiful cove where the signature table is set in the sand. To top it off the guest chef is Curtis Stone (the Australian chef now based in LA) - and I lurve him!

1 comment:

HereBeDragons said...

Outstanding in the Field has always looked amazing to me, but out of my price range. I would love to though!