24.2.10

Coffee Trio



I finally finished uploading my photos from my September 2009 trip to New Zealand. It only took me 6 months to buckle down and spend the necessary hours sorting, labeling, uploading, etc. But I am so thrilled that I am done. Next step is to make a coffee table book to print my memories.
But, as I sorted through the 700+ photos, I had to chuckle at the various coffee creations we drank. Outside the USA, coffee has a different meaning. It's a small shot of caffeine, meant for sipping, and the cherry ending to a meal. It's not the grande starbucks mug or the endless refills. In the included picture, we sat at Mondo in Christchurch early in the morning, and I was craving your standard drip coffee. In my sleep deprived grog, I was served their 'attempt' at what I horribly tried to describe (I must have sounded insane). What I was suppose to do with this trio was beyond me. But in the end, it still tasted good!
I write this as I sip on my second ice coffee this morning!

No comments: