9.2.10

Sriracha-Soy Chicken Lettuce Leaves


After an extremely busy day at work and a long rainy commute home, I wanted to whip up something quick and delicious tonight for dinner.  I pulled out a recipe I had ripped out of Bon Appetit from chef, Stuart Brioza, in an article that featured the favorite secret ingredient, Sriracha Sauce.  Being a huge fan of the spicy chile sauce, I was excited to put my own spin on Brioza's recipe.  The result, a quick and delicious meal with quite the zing!  

Sauce:
2 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice

Chicken:
1/2 cup minced green onions
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
2 Teaspoons Sugar (I used Splenda)
2 Teaspoons of Fresh Ginger (can use powder ginger)
2 Garlic Cloves, grated
1 Pound Chicken Breast, 1" cubes

Garnishes:
12 Crisp Romaine Lettuce Leaves
6 Radishes trimmed and sliced
1/2 cup fresh Mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh Cilantro leaves
1 cup Jasmine Rice

Marinate chicken, then in a large wok simmer chicken in marinade until fully cooked.  Meanwhile, cook Jasmine rice, chop garnishes and mix sauce.  Arrange garnishes on a large platter leaving room for bowls of chicken, rice and sauce.  Serve to allow guests to fill lettuce leaves and ENJOY!
*Picture from my cell phone 

No comments: