16.3.11

checked bag

I am about to embark on a cross-country trip back to my home state of Virginia for a long weekend full of family and friends.  While I have mastered the art of packing for any trip, regardless of length and destination, into a single carry-on, I have recently run into issues (thanks to the liquid restrictions imposed by the Transportation Security Administration).  Said liquids have, in every case thus far, been wine.  In Portland, in New Zealand, in Germany and most recently in Napa.  I have either been swindled into purchasing a case for shipment, bought a "skin" and checked my bag with a solo bottle or two, or sadly walked away empty handed.  On this specific trip today, I am attempting to bring home local infused olive oil from Temecula Olive Oil Company.  But as I pack my bag up tightly and say farewell as it drifts off on the conveyor belt, I will carry that ounce of anxiety, "will it arrive at my destination."  Then, as you stand at baggage claim watching bag after bag tumble out, they all begin to look alike, black.  Many people fear that someone else may grab their bag, so it was fitting this morning, as I read the NY Times, that there was an article about Tumi's new line of luggage.  With it's loud large graffiti print, artist John Matos covers Tumi's Vapor cases with a distinguishable design.  Scoop up this limited collection while you can, as Tumi is only producing 1,000 of each case.  As long as the airline delivers, you'll not only be sure to walk away with your bag, but you'll strut in style too!

No comments: