13.9.11

cowboy take me away


This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending a few days in the wilderness, relatively detached from society.  On Saturday we drove up through Horseshoe Meadow to Cottonwood Lakes, and on the way through the boulders and warm hued grass, we spotted a lone man trotting along on his horse with his trusty dog running alongside.  It was what I would consider my first "cowboy" sighting, and as we drove along the barren road, I couldn't help but think how free he must have felt.  There was nobody for miles, only the wind and the mountains - quite the perfect place to dream.  

I wanna be the only one
For miles and miles
Except for maybe you
And your simple smile
Oh it sounds good to me
Yes it sounds so good to me
Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free oh I pray
Closer to Heaven above
And closer to you
Closer to you

- dixie chicks

No comments: