21.5.09

Goodbye Laurel


I received an email, Laurel's final four days, "stop by and wish Laurel a farewell, and enjoy a glass of bubbly."  Well, "ok" on the bubbly, but "no, don't close!"  This Paris meets LA restaurant has been a favorite of my girlfriends and myself.  Not only is the food amazing, but the interiors (by Graham Downes of San Diego) are incredible.  The details of the fabrics, the patterns, the contemporary furnishings and the fabulous accents (my favorite, the submerged flowers in sleek tubular vases).... the interior was hip!  But my initial dark cloud was met with a glimmer of sunshine, Laurel is selling everything.  You could make your own Laurel at home.  And, in fact, they are just developing a new concept after 4 years.  Which, you can follow on twitter.com/urbankitchen I wonder who is going to do their interiors?  I wonder what direction they are going?  Hopefully, after some chilled bubbly,  Amy and I will leave with chairs, chandeliers and sconces ... and a little insight into the future.  

No comments: