13.6.09

Jet-Setting: Austin, TX



This past weekend I flew to Austin, TX to have a fantastic girl's weekend visiting Christiane (and Jim), and Jackie flew in from Virginia too!  I was warned that coming from SoCal, the Texas heat would make an impact- and boy was it HOT!  But, I must say there is something enjoyable about wearing a tank top or strappy dress in the evenings and not having the slightest chill.  Summer evenings- I miss those!  
We spent most of the weekend around water: Lake Austin, Lake Travis, and some river down in Gruene (true Texas people watching!).  We did brave the heat and attempt to shop on South Congress, found an adorable pair of white jeans in By George, but was way too clammy to even think I could slip them on.  Popping in and out of boutiques (enjoying their cooling AC), we found some neat little places, like Feathers (an upscale vintage boutique, lined with Prada, Gucci, etc).  We definitely ate and drank like queens, always a given when we all get together.  I got a good sampling of Austin, but I am still dreaming of that delicious Carrot Cake cupcake from Hey Cupcake.  Mmmmm!
I can't wait to go back.  As we packed up our bags, we already started another mental list of all the places we'll have to check out next time :)  Love my girls, and Christiane's cowgirl boots!

No comments: