12.10.09

La Jolla: My Own Space & Bourgie Lamp



This past weekend, I made excellent time driving to La Jolla for an afternoon of pampering with the girls, and ended up in the Cove 30 minutes early.  I decided to wander up Girard Avenue, and do a little (window) shopping.  I noticed a lot of new clothing boutiques that have opened up, and was surprised to see the hip restaurant/lounge Jack's was closed!  

But majority of my time was spent in My Own Space (MOS), a San Diego contemporary furniture and accessories boutique.  The long open floor space is staged with the pieces from their unique collection, which are intended to provide ideas and inspiration.  The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, eager to help pull together your own space.  

I was immediately drawn to the Kartell Bourgie Lamp.  Designed by Ferruccio Laviani, this polycarbonate lamp is a spin on the classic baroque table lamp.  Composed of three decorative layers, the lamp's height is adjustable and comes in crystal, black or chrome.  I personally like the transparency of the crystal.  

No comments: