7.3.10

Long Beach: Starling Diner


On my last trip up to the greater Los Angeles area, I made a stop in Long Beach to catch up with a good friend over brunch. She always picks the best places, and on this visit, we went to Starling Diner. It is a hip local diner nestled in a neighborhood of adorable houses, with street side cafe tables and a cozy dining space. A rustic interior, adorned with local art, it reminded me much of Cafe on Park in San Diego's North Park. I was a fan of the "spa" (cucumber) water, but the mimosa quickly topped that! The food was a far from diner fare, and was fantastic! We started with a trio of scones. Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love scones. And these were served with lemon curd and some sort of orange butter - both which were so tasty! Then we split a goat cheese, mushroom and spinach scramble with crispy potato wedges, and a lox & cream cheese bruschetta. It was the perfect amount of food, and every bite was one to savor. Definitely a place I would recommend!

No comments: