2.3.10

Remodel: Nana Walls

With a blank palette, strategically placed rooms, and visions of a patio surrounded by lush foliage, I wanted the walls to be as non intrusive as possible. I wanted the master bedroom to open up onto the patio as if it was all the same room. That relaxation had no boundaries. That it was one cohesive sanctuary. I was pleased to stumble upon Nana Wall, a glass wall solution. Flexible in design, with many varieties, depending on the particular architectural space, I decided to choose the glazed folding system. The entire back wall would open up, like an accordion, onto the backyard. The glass, which is LEED certified and has thermal performance, provides similar benefits to a solid wall. After talking to a representative for a quote, he recommended that I check out some installed examples in San Diego. Hotel Indigo, Se Hotel and Tower 23 all use Nana Walls. I am very familiar with the Tower 23 bar and restaurant which opens up to the Pacific Beach boardwalk, allowing for seaside breezes and fresh air to flow into the interior lounge. I have also been to Hotel Indigo, which is one of the first LEED certified hotels in San Diego. The main lobby bar opens up entirely to a large wrap around street-side patio. I plan to swing by the Se while I am downtown this weekend to check out the upper floor suites. Who knows, maybe I'll take a stay-cation while I am there!

No comments: