17.3.10

Snail Mail



I recently read an editorial article in the NY Times discussing the potential changes that the US Postal Service may take, including to eliminate it's Saturday service. For majority of people, mail serves to deliver mostly bills and junk. But there is a small population of people that still use and appreciate the service to deliver hand written notes and letters. This timeless thoughtful tradition is quickly being replaced by the internet. And the internet is probably the largest driving force behind the financial losses to the Postal Service. Understandably, the measures proposed also include closing certain kiosks, rural offices, etc. These may be reasonable compromises for a larger challenge. But, I still hope that my Grandmother gets my card before the news inside is outdated. As long as that piece of paper brings a smile to her face, I will keep on sending them.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I know how much Nanny appreciates your cards and notes. You're so thoughtful :)