9.6.10

Juice Me



While its not a new concept, juicing became a new addition to my diet while in Bali, and not surprisingly I am hooked. In almost every restaurant, from the local dive to the 5 star resort, a selection of fresh juices were always listed on the menu. But beyond the pineapple, papaya, and watermelon combinations, I was drawn to the vegetable mixes. After gulping down enough citrus mixes and sipping a few banana, coconut and chocolate smoothies, I took the plunge into vegetable juices. My first was a digestive drink in the Gili's with beet, carrot and ginger - and it was amazing. After that beverage, it became a feat to try as many new mixtures on every menu before I left Indo. I had many variations of detoxing tonics and energisers; like the Zesty Cooling Greens (orange, cucumber, parsley & spirulina) or the Potassium Magnesium (banana, fig & flax seed), and Fatigue Fighter (parsley, carrot, orange & spirulina). I am thinking I need to buy myself a juicer pronto!

Out of all the places I imbibed these healthy treats, my favorite place was in Seminyak, Earth Cafe. Not only did I go there enough that people started recognizing me, but I really appreciated the whole life concept they promoted. Healthy seasonal, vegetarian, and organic foods, with a whole shop full of teas, spices and organic products. As soon as you opened the door you felt relaxed and healthy. I wish I had one here in San Diego!

No comments: