23.7.10

An Afternoon at the Nursery





Part of becoming a homeowner is the joy of getting to have a decision and impact on every detail, inside and out. Not being the lucky one with a green thumb, I struggle with what we should do with our landscaping. I have to factor in upkeep, the SoCal sunshine and dry weather, my dog and growth capacity. My mother gave me a book, Container Gardening, which I foresee as being a helpful tool. I do have some gorgeous large aqua pots from Pottery Barn for my patio that could hold succulents, cacti or some other greenery. I spent a better part of this afternoon at the nursery and left feeling overwhelmed. There are so many options and so many levels of coverage! Homework this weekend is to look up what plants survive in this region, as well as cruise around Cardiff looking for ideas in my neighbors yards. Sunset magazine online had some good examples that provided my inspiration today (included above). The website is a good resource- if only I could get them to come out for a consultation!
patio images: sunset magazine
plant images: megan*christine

No comments: