4.9.10

The Fabric Hunt: Vervain



I am determined to find the perfect fabric to cover a bright red lounger in my bedroom. My search has led me to many places, including the Solana Beach We R Fabrics. The large showroom opened in 1992 and provides a wide selection of fabrics. In addition, We R Fabrics also offers full design services, and has one of the largest selections of trim in the state. Unfortunately I was limited on time, so I was rushing through the aisle of samples eyeballing a specific aqua blue I had in mind. I came across a gorgeous swath of fine fabric and pulled it off the rack. Not to my surprise, the very helpful sales associate joked with me that I must have picked one of their most expensive luxury lines, Vervain. Despite the price, I checked out the sample and brought it home, and as expected, it looked amazing. Although I only need 2 yards, I decided at it's price point, I would allow myself to shop around.

Vervain is a line of fabrics for high-end interiors. Originating in Italy, Vervain's high quality and extensive selection of statement designs, makes it a sought after label. With five lines, the Vervain is crafted for the modern interior. The specific fabric that I gravitated to was "Lucido", in Aquacitrine (36% cotton, 36% viscose & 28% linen).

*photos by Megan Christine

No comments: