20.9.10

Locavore Sunday




One thing that I love about farmer's market is that each week it's a surprise as to what fresh produce will show up on the stands. Creating on the spot menus and dishes is an exciting challenge, that if successfully executed, makes for small personal triumphs. This past Sunday I stopped by the Solana Beach market, which I frequent regularly, and picked up organic produce for a feast I intended to whip up later that day. I bought arugula, beets, apples, peaches, plums, onions and potatoes. From this colorful bundle I created a roasted beet, goat cheese and walnut arugula salad, followed by grilled fennel seed encrusted pork with apple onion slaw over roasted potatoes and finished with sliced peaches and plums. I must say, I ended my weekend in a happy food coma!

1 comment:

Erin Michelle Foley said...

Wow- sounds delish! (except the Pork but I would eat around it for these delicacies!) :) Such a great idea to go there open minded and see what meal options are presented to you...so then you eat locally and seasonally! Rad! :)