27.12.10

have a seat, a recycled tree

As I clicked through NY Times online this morning, I came across an article in the NY Times Style Magazine "Seasons Seatings" about a collaboration between a gallery, Gallery Libby Sellers, and an up and coming artist, Fabien Capello.  In the spirit of reuse and recycling, the UK based Christmas Tree Project, collects disposed Christmas trees and uses the trunks to create handcrafted stools.  The three legged stools are rustic and chic, and go for $600+ (with a portion of the proceeds going to Woodland Trust, a conservation organization). 
I think this green and savvy idea is fantastic.  As I sit in the sun room beside our tree, still full of aroma and bright needles, my creative wheels start turning for what could be the next phase of this delightful Fir. 

No comments: