19.12.10

lori's homemade cookies


It's common knowledge amongst friends that baking is a challenge for me.  I can cook fantastic, elaborate and involved recipes, but when it comes to baking, I struggle.  I blame it on the exactness of measurements and the patience to roll, knead or blend ingredients.  After my infamous disaster making sugar cookies years ago, I normally shy away from preparing treats in my kitchen, and instead look to the many local bakeries to fill that void.

Recently I was given cookies from Lori's Homemade Cookies (5070 Sante Fe Street Suite A, San Diego).  It was a large, plump and fresh cookie with big chunks of chocolate mixed into an oatmeal dough.  It also came packaged in their signature box (a brown square box), tied with a ribbon with a rectangular printed note.  I appreciated the creative logo, and liked the simplicity in design of the package.  For me, analyzing the outside was just as enjoyable as eating the insides.

No comments: