25.11.09

Pumpkin Bread


I am the first to admit, I am not a baker.  But for a recent Thanksgiving potluck at our friend's condo in Cardiff-By-The-Sea I decided to try out my Mom's pumpkin bread recipe.  Following the advice to stick to the exact measurements (unlike my approach to cooking), I was happily surprised when my loaf was a success!  

Momma Lyders' Pumpkin Bread
1 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup water
 
Mix together first 5 ingredients; set aside.  Thoroughly beat eggs in bowl and gradually add sugar and beat until thick and lemon colored.  Add pumpkin, oil and water.  Blend well.  Add the dry ingredients.  Beat well.  Spoon into greased and floured loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for about 1 hour (may take a little longer - check for doneness with cake tester).  Cool in pan about 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.  enjoy!
 

No comments: