21.11.10

jet setting: Frankfurt




 
It was a quick trip to Frankfurt, Germany for business travel.  I stayed at the hip, The Pure, a member of the Design Hotels in the heart of the city.  In-between meetings and emails, I was determined, despite the frigid temperature and steady drizzle of icy cold rain, to explore the city.  With my umbrella in hand I schlepped around town, fueled by espresso and Heineken.
Underneath the modern glass structures with gravity defying design, there is still plenty of evidence of the old industrial city from decades past.  Situated along the Main River, there are over a half dozen bridges crisscrossing the water from a beautiful waterfront. With a tree lined promenade connecting restaurant patios and boat docks, I could imagine this was an enjoyable place when the weather was more favorable.  It's a busy town, an economic hub, and with the highest per capita income of any city in Germany, it's not short of stylish bankers and entrepreneurs.  There were many boutiques and shops, had I had more time, I could have done some damage to my wallet.  Noteworthy- PurPur & Sugobo.




No comments: