11.11.10

M+M: Prep Kitchen





I was delighted when I found out that the crew behind La Jolla's Whisknladel had expanded up to Del Mar, opening Prep Kitchen. I popped in to meet up with some girlfriends, and had a delicious meal on their patio. My introduction came as a House Roasted Turkey sandwich, and while that may sound very boring, this sandwich had so much flavor I wished it was bigger. Topping the Turkey was Watercress, Fig, Bacon and Cambozola cheese. Prep Kitchen has a simple seasonally minded menu of salads, sandwiches and some entrees, using ingredients from local producers. With about twenty wines by the glass, the selection is great for all palettes (I enjoyed the Clifford Bay Sauv Blanc). The ambiance is relaxed and casual, making it the perfect place to linger with good company.
* images Megan.Christine

No comments: