30.1.11

mod baby

Taking a step back from my life, I feel as though I am in the midst of baby season.  More of my friends and family are pregnant or just had new babies than any other point of my life thus far.  It's definitely an exciting time for them, and for me (being an "auntie").  I have learned more about strollers, diapers and baby leg warmers (they are really rad), which I am sure will all be outdated information by the time I have kids.  But, nonetheless, it's also been really entertaining for me to check out everyone's nurseries.  While some stick to the traditional gender colors (blue and pink), I really appreciate those that have inched out of the box.
I recently came across this article (from a friend) of Westchester, DE designer, Cira Brown.  With sustainability in mind, Cira blends many different styles into her interiors.  Her daughters room (pictured above) is far from a traditional child's room.  Her friends have encouraged her to exclusively design for children, and Cira has said, "it’s enticing because kid's rooms can be taken less seriously and yet they are willing to take risks." (Westchester Patch)  With a mix of bright colors, patterns and textures, this room is sure to engage and stimulate creativity.  I particularly like the bright blue bed and mirror, putting a spin on traditional pieces.  In conjunction, modern furniture, such as the rocking chair, makes for a design savvy room.  

No comments: