27.8.09

lemons to lemonade


I've heard this saying from my mother many times, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"."  Well, life gave me (and my dog) an unhappy skunk, with an unpleasant aroma. The putrid scent has made its way deep in my carpet, clothing, and just about anything that can soak up smell, and my house is not a desirable place to linger too long.  So, since I have to air out the interior and have been banished (I say this lightly) to my porch outside, I figure, make lemonade out of these lemons.  Hence, make paintings while you have the undisturbed time alone in the backyard.  Pictured is layer 2 of a yet to be titled piece, which is part of my new series of paintings.  For what could have been a boring and frustrating day, I have made quite enjoyable :)

No comments: