27.8.09

sleeper sofa: sohoConcept


In the September 2009 issue of Dwell magazine, Apartment Therapy co-founder, Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan reviews a handful of sleeper sofas.  I had to agree with the article, that more often than not the sleeper sofa elicits bad memories and poor expectations.  But keeping with optimism, I thumbed through the examples and found myself picturing some of the colorful sofas in my own living room.  So, it would only be appropriate that when I spent an evening in downtown San Diego, I chose to try out the sofa over the guest bed.  This particular sofa was the sohoConcept Metropolitan Sofa Bed.  In a soft cream color, the large sofa is sleek and sophisticated with clean lines.  The back is adjustable, split into two sections and rotates in three stages depending on the desired position.   For a sleeper, the polyurethane foam internal upholstery was firm and very comfortable.  I had plenty of room (length and width) and slept very comfortably.  So not only is the Metropolitan Sofa Bed great for overnight guests, but it also stylish to fit into any modern living space.  Thumbs up from me!

No comments: