13.8.09

Obsession: Dexter


Beyond a handful of shows (none which I religiously watched), I have never been one to watch a lot of television. I never got into reality shows. I don't know names of actors or movie titles. I would much rather be at the beach, out at a restaurant or running around town. But, something has changed, I can't get off my couch, I am obsessed..... with Dexter! Thanks to a friend's suggestion (and Blockbuster Online), I have found a show that I can't get enough of. Michael C Hall plays a serial killer who only kills those "bad" people that deserve it, and ironically he is also a forensic blood spatter expert for the Miami police. It's got it all: suspense, drama, horror, romance..... Now Chris is hooked too, and I just can't let him get episodes ahead of me- ha! We are actually kind of pathetic. Giggling together at Dexter'ish jokes, talking about what might happen next over fine dining, and even ignoring humanity to hole up in our house and blast through an entire disk of episodes. I don't know what it is, but it's addictive. The girl at Blockbuster was clearly just as excited about Dexter last night, when she almost spilled the beans about Season 3... can't she see on her screen that I am only on Season 2! I am actually contemplating getting Showtime this Fall........

1 comment:

Joseph Tighe said...

Um, favorite show ever!!!!! Have you made it to season 3 yet??? I cannot wait for the next season. I'm thinking Dexter season 4 parties @ mi casa?