8.7.09

Do-It-Yourself: Feather Headbands


The feather headband quickly became this spring/summer's hot commodity. The statement piece can be seen on runway models, red carpet celebrities, to your average fashionista. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors, but personally I prefer the bold over the more conservative pieces.
With the Del Mar horse racing season about to open on 22 July, all the SoCal girls are frantically trying to find an over sized hat to match their beautiful sundresses. Unfortunately, each year I try to pull off the hat, but I somehow end up looking like a child playing dress-up. So after some scouting around NYC, and doing some online research on UK designers, I have decided to make feather headbands for both myself & my friend. It'll still add that necessary touch to partake in the Opening Day festivities.
The pictures included are the beginning of my project. I handpicked feathers, flowers and other crafty articles, assembling my materials for both our headbands. For myself, my main colors are blue and brown, and for my friend, gray and orange.
We'll shortly see how my end product shapes up compared to that of talented designers, such as Kenley from Project Runway......

No comments: