27.7.09

Santa Monica Antique Market




On the 1st and 4th Sundays of each month, collectors and dealers gather in a large asphalt lot alongside the Santa Monica Airport for an Antique Market (6am-3pm).  For $5 one can peruse both the expected and unimaginable.  It is truly amazing some of the items for sale (like old dental tools or empty airplane liquor bottles).  Keeping an eye out for a friend who is moving to Los Feliz, I was hoping to find more furniture.  But, I did waiver if I needed a deep set 1970's orange leather chair - it was awesome, and comfortable!  There was ample amount of jewelry; from plastic bracelets, to diamond rings, to bins full of pins, cuff links and medallions.  Regardless, had I brought the truck and not a car, I know I would have left with something - guess this just means I have to go back!

No comments: