10.7.09

Food: Spiced Chicken with Cinnamon & Honey Sweet Potatoes


Our neighbors just recently had a new baby boy.  He may as well be the cutest thing I have ever seen, and I must drive Christopher insane since I remind him of this daily.  And, did I mention his skin is so super soft and he has that delicious baby smell.... ok, ok...

With the intentions of being friendly neighbors we decided to cook the new parents dinner one night, something they could pop in the microwave and enjoy whenever they found some downtime.  But while at the grocer, the go-to meals, like lasagna, just wasn't cutting it for me.  So I referred to the trusty Food+Wine magazine, and decided to make Roasted Spiced Chicken with Cinnamon & Honey Sweet Potatoes.  Sounded quite delicious at the time.

Fast forward as I make enough to feed both households.  I always like to judge my cooking by how much, how fast and how many comments Christopher makes on it.  Well, with this dish, his elf food portions, lack of second serving and silence, said it all to me (I liked it!).  We decided that the dish would be much more appreciated in the Fall, not on a hot Summer day.  But with so much food already prepared, I gave it a whirl and dropped it off at the neighbors.  To my surprise, yesterday the came out when I got home, thanked me, told me how much they loved it and wanted the recipe.  So, did they really like it, or were they being polite?  We may never know.... 

No comments: