17.7.09

The Old Lucketts Store - vintage hip-



















Along rural Route 15 in Leesberg, Virginia is the quaint area of Lucketts, wherein sits a huge landmark house, better known as The Old Lucketts Store. To many, the maze of room after room, heaped with unique and sometimes random antiques, is a gem. For the last 12 years, a conglomeration of about 30 different vendors established an enormous store to sell irresistible pieces at an affordable price. Each vendor is free to set up their space as they choose, with many of the displays so creatively assembled, you are bound to get inspired. I was a fan of the fabric ruched ceiling in one room. The array of items one can find are practically endless, from shabby chic furniture, silverware, mannequins (the metal one with wings was incredible!), knobs, lunch boxes, linens, lamps, hair pins, signs, china, pottery..... the list can go on and on! On my last trip, with just over an hour, I felt like I had only grazed the surface. I encourage everyone to set aside an afternoon, get dirty and dig around. I promise it won't take long for your basket or truck bed to fill up!

1 comment:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I have been going to the Luckett's Store for years and it is one of my favorite places. For the first time ever, I am going to be an antiques vendor at the upcoming Luckett's Fair. The challenge will be selling things, not buying them!