15.7.09

Jet-Setting: Washington, DC





Moving away from Washington DC and returning as a visitor provides me with such a better appreciation of the beauty of the city. I look forward to coming back, and have a laundry list of must-do's for each of my trips.
Yesterday, I spent the afternoon strolling the Georgetown streets. Mustering up all my willpower not to buy anything, which is not easy to do with boutiques and stores as far as the eye can see, I only allowed myself to pop into a few shops. But, once your off the main thoroughfares of M Street & Wisconsin Avenue, the neighborhoods in Georgetown are quiet tree covered streets lined with a rainbow of row houses (and some are quite grand). Character is frequently defined by an exotic door knocker, an intricate iron fence, manicured landscaping or a bold colored door. And if you have the time, one of my favorite area escapes, Dumbarton Oaks, filled with gorgeous gardens, it's the perfect place to soak in some silence from the busy city surroundings.

1 comment:

Italo said...

NIce post. Hi, my name's Italo and.. well I like to read american posts because I like the States and I want to improve with English. And if I read interesting posts like yours is better :) Have a nice day!